I was awarded the Liebster award by Emma at A World of Books. I had seen this award before but I definitely didn’t expect to be nominated, so thank you so much!
Here are the rules:
1. You must link back to the person who nominated you.
2. You must answer the 10 Liebster questions given to you by the nominee before you.
3. List 11 facts about yourself.
4.You must pick 10 bloggers to be nominated for the award with fewer than 200 followers. There may be one or two that have less than 1000 followers because I love their blogs so much.
5. You must come up with 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
6. You must go to their blogs and notify your nominees.
Questions from A World of Books:
1. Which fictional character would you most like to meet?
Wow, that’s a tough one because there’s so many characters. I could think of tons, but the first one I thought about was Morpheus from Splintered by A.G. Howard. I just have to do a second pick! Will Herondale from The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare.
2. What’s your favourite fantasy race to read about? Or if you don’t read fantasy, which race do like the idea of least?
I’m not sure what this question means, which is making me feel kind of stupid, so I don’t know?
3. What’s your favourite kind of music and which artist is your favourite?
I listen to pretty much anything except heavy metal and rap and I like artists anywhere from Demi Lovato to Joe Brooks. It just depends on what mood I’m in when I’m listening to music.
4. Do you have any book geeky friends you can chat to, or is that one of the joys of blogging for you?
That is one of my favorite things about blogging because I talk to so many authors and book loving people now. Before I started blogging, I didn’t even realize how many people there were that love books just as much as I do!
5. What’s your dream job?
My dream job is to be a pastry chef in Paris. I’m actually going to start culinary classes at my local community college in a couple months! The Paris part might be a little harder!
6. If it was possible to survive without food, as in it was only a luxury, if you had to give up food or books which would you give up?
Considering my answer to the last question, this is hard! I’m going to have to say food, I love books too much. I don’t think I could give them up!
7. When rereading a favourite book of yours, is there any part you skip over because you don’t like it or find it boring?
I can’t. If it’s a favorite book, I want to read every last word and feel all the emotions again!
8. Which book was the one that made you find the magic of reading?
The first book I remember reading by myself was Matilda by Roald Dahl, but the book that really made me want to start reading was The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan. My parents surprised me with it from a book fair because they thought I would like it and I haven’t stopped reading since!
9. If you could have an animal (real or fictional) as a pet which one would it be?
A hedgehog! They’re just so cute!
10. Which book that is not one you usually read are you wanting to read, or have read recently?
I just finished Stubborn by Jeanne Arnold, which was a contemporary romance. I haven’t read a lot of contemporary but I’m planning on reading more because I really liked it! I also might try reading some scary books. I hate scary movies so I’m not sure if I’ll like any scary books.
11. I am running out of ideas sorry. Coffee or Tea?
Tea! 🙂 Or I order the drinks from Starbucks without the coffee!
11 facts about myself:
1. I have 230 books in my room.
2. I love to bake and will hopefully become a chef or pastry chef.
3. I play the flute.
4. I have two fish named Stripes and Sequins.
5. I have a 12 year old brother named Patrick and a 14 year old sister.
6. My name is Summer Faith and my sister’s name is Winter Hope.
7. I graduated high school last year.
8. I want to get a tattoo when I turn 18. I want it to have something to do with books or reading (maybe “Read to live a thousand lives.”) but I’m planning ahead because I’m not getting anything that I’ll regret later.
9. My favorite holiday is Christmas, because the whole family gets together! 🙂
10. I’ve always wanted to write a book, but I don’t know if I would actually be able to.
11. I love Disney movies!
Questions for my Nominees:
1. How many books do you own?
2. What made you start blogging?
3. What’s the first book you can remember reading on your own?
4. What’s your favorite fictional couple?
5. What is the book you’re most looking forward to this year?
6. What’s your all-time favorite book?
7. Who’s your favorite author?
8. What’s your favorite food?
9. What’s your favorite color?
10. If you could choose one fictional character to bring into the real world and make them a real person, who would it be?
And now for my nominees! (in no particular order)
The Caffeinated Bibliophile
Reisa’s Book Journey
Panda Hearts Books
Read Books and Live Green
Brin’s Book Blog
Why I Can’t Stop Reading
Hope to Read
Kelsey’s Cluttered Bookshelf
*With all social media combined, I don’t think any of these have over the limit. If they do, I’m making an exception because they are all awesome blogs!